The Simple and Clean Way for Bumper Sticker Removal
Whether it is you showing support for a cause or candidate, or something else like a parking permit, our car bumpers can see lots of stickers. But, if there comes a time where you would like to have those stickers removed, you don’t want it to leave a sticky mess. That’s why we have some tips on how to remove a bumper sticker and keep a pristine bumper in the process.
- With a sticker on a bumper, wash the surface where the sticker is located
- Use a hair dryer on the hot setting to soften the adhesive, working from the center outward toward the edges
- Take a clastic card, and at an angle on the edge, gently scrape the sticker loose using a sawing motion if necessary
- If the sticker is not coming off right away, go back to using the hair dryer to further soften it up
- Once you’ve removed the sticker, wash the surface again, and use the heat from the hair dryer to get off any residue
- You can also use some bug and tar remover to help get the rest
- With some detailing spray, cover the area where the sticker was, and use a cotton or microfiber cloth to wipe it off and finish it
- When trying to take a sticker off the window, you can also use the hair dryer method, but even using a razor blade scraper will work as the glass will be able to withstand it
- Once you have the sticker off the glass, use some glass cleaner to get the rest of the residue off
Our team here at Kia of South Austin would be happy to answer any questions you might have and discuss all our new Kia vehicles with you, so stop in and see us today.